- Date:Wednesday, December 5th, 2012
- Time:8:30 am to 10:30 am
- Location:Center for Nonprofit Management, 1000 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Price:$50 (Discounts available to members)
Did you know if LA County were a state it would be the 8th largest in the country?
How does the State Budget impact the people we serve?
Looking ahead it seems there are more questions than answers for leaders who are trying to plan for the future:
- What if the country plunges down the “fiscal cliff?”
- What difference does the financial situation in Europe have on our economy in Los Angeles?
- What smart steps are successful nonprofits taking to ensure sustainability?
- What strategies has/will philanthropy employ to help address key issues faced by communities in need?
- What are the strengths of the Los Angeles region; economic and other? How are we building upon these?
Join our panel of experts and find out why you should care about imports and exports, job growth, housing starts, and Greece when you’re making decisions and planning for your organization’s future sustainability!
Whether your budget is $100,000 or $100 million, you need to put the financial stats and information that’s thrown at you in the course of a day into context as you try to figure out what’s coming around the next economic corner. We’ll help connect the dots….
8:00 Registration and breakfast
8:30 Program begins:
Economic Trends and Forecast
Kimberly Ritter-Martinez, Associate Economist, LAEDC Kyser Center for Economic Research
State of the Nonprofit Sector – 2013 Report Preview
William B. Parent, Associate Dean, School of Public Affairs, UCLA
Panel Discussion about Trends and Opportunities Ahead for the Sector
Moderated by Regina Birdsell, President & CEO, Center for Nonprofit Management
Judy Belk, Senior Vice President, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
John Kim, Co-Director, The Advancement Project; Director, Healthy City
Note to Executive Leadership Forum Members:
Bring a board member for free with each paid registration. Register yourself online, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your board member.
Join us after the event from 11am – 2:30pm for a class on Effective Board and Staff Retreats.
Fee: $85 or Attend both events for only $110 ($15 off)