- Date:Monday, October 22nd, 2012
- Time:8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Location:Grantsmanship Center, 350 South Bixel St., Suite 110, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Price:$495 (Discounts available to members)
- Instructor:Rolfe Larson
Special 2-Day Social Enterprise Seminar with National Author
Monday, October 22 & 23, 2012, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Presented by Rolfe Larson, national author of Venture Forth! The Essential Guide for Starting a Money-Making Business in Your Nonprofit Organization.
Whether your organization already earns some income and wants to earn more, or you’re interested in exploring the possibilities, this in-depth workshop will show you how to plan, develop, finance and grow an effective social enterprise program. The 2-day training gives you proven strategies for maximizing the benefits of social enterprise in a manner that will actually strengthen your organization’s mission by building on its current activities, existing capabilities, and established stakeholder relationships.
This 2-day course will show you how to:
• Transform current activities, existing capabilities, and established stakeholder relationships into fresh and vital income streams.
• Open up business opportunities using your agency’s strengths.
• Guard against “mission drift.”
• Protect your IRS status.
• Evaluate social enterprise opportunities.
• Prevent diffusion of staff time and focus.
This program is presented in a very practical way, including some lecture, a lot of discussion and Q&A, and most importantly, hands-on application of the lessons, individually and in small groups.
You’ll see tangible results at each step, culminating in market research on an earned income opportunity for your organization and a mini-business plan you’ll create with a team of your peers.
Registration for this comprehensive 2-day training is $495