- Date:Wednesday, December 5th, 2012
- Time:11:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Location:Center for Nonprofit Management, 1000 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Price:$85 (Discounts available to members)
- Instructor:Ron Milam
Considering planning a retreat for your organization?
According to the authors of Retreats that Work, “retreats are investments in an organization’s future. Unlike meetings, which typically focus on current issues and concerns, retreats take a longer view and focus on deeper, longer-term issues…the potential payoff of retreats is considerable.” Yet, all too often, nonprofits hastily organize retreats that leave people drained and frustrated.
Gain a big-picture look at the how-and-why of retreats and the key details that make retreats successful. Join us to get a guide to planning and implementing effective retreats for your nonprofit. This workshop presents an overview of best practices to help ensure your next retreat has clear goals and that the various activities you design in your retreat help you reach those goals.
During this interactive seminar, you will:
- review when and when not to retreat
- determine how to engage the right people
- learn the art of planning and designing the retreat
- understand how to lead the retreat
- explore solutions to challenges if they come up
- gain tools for moving forward after your retreat
This seminar will also give you opportunities to begin planning your own retreat and experience first-hand some of the decisions you will need to make in the retreat planning process.